FSCVL is committed to doing all we can do to keep both our Members as well as the Schools we rent from safe & healthy. FSCVL has adopted a new COVID-19 Response Policy & we expect all Teams & Members to adhere to the policy & hold each other accountable. It is essential that we work together to safely 'sport' again.
1. Captains MUST complete the Restriction Exemption Form prior to any team being allowed to play this season. To access the Restriction Exemption Form please contact the FSCVL.
2. To be safe and successful in returning to volleyball, we must follow all public health guidelines, practice physical distancing, good hygiene, and continue acting responsibly.
3. All FSCVL Members MUST have confirmed with their Captains proof of vaccination.
a. single dose vaccination is accepted IF completed before September 23, 2021 and 2nd dose is required by October 25, 2021.
b. if option a. is not available for a FSCVL member then captains MUST confirm paid COVID-19 Rapid Test has been completed within 72 hours of game play. (to be completed each week)
c. if option a. or b. are unavailable for a FSCVL member then their team captain MUST confirm proof of medical exemption.
4. This document will be updated as new information becomes available. Definitions and details within this document are subject to change as guidance documents and materials from the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services are revised.
This is not a legal document; it outlines measures and best practices that support a safe return to volleyball during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Return to Volleyball
2. Team Captains must text/email FSCVL Commissioner a daily roster.
3. Teams must ensure shared equipment is limited, and frequently sanitized.
4. Players should wash/sanitize hands immediately upon facility entry, before and after each game.
5. You are not required to wear a mask while playing, as wearing a mask while “engaging in physical activity” is not recommended by AHS.
6. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE:
Team Captain(s) Duties
1. MUST complete the Restriction Exemption Form prior to any team being allowed to play this season. To access the Restriction Exemption Form please contact the FSCVL.
2. MUST text/email FSCVL Commissioner a daily roster.
3. MUST ensure all team members have completed the Daily Screening Document prior to game play.
4. MUST confirm all team members are in good health, if not they MUST send their ill team members home.
5. WILL enforce AHS & EIPS masking protocols at all times. (Masks on prior to entry into schools and gyms, while setting up courts/tearing down courts)
6. WILL enforce NO USE OF SCHOOL VOLLEYBALLS AND SCOREBOARDS.
7. WILL implement and enforce Government of Alberta's Restriction Exemption Program
8. WILL enforce Elk Island Public Schools "NO SPECTATORS" policy.
9. WILL enforce masking, where required, for the duration of all rental permits.
10. UNDERSTANDS that Elk Island Public Schools reserves the right to cancel permits, pending direction from the Chief Medical Officer and from the School Divisions.
11. WILL report any violators of the above requirements to the FSCVL.